Tuesday, September 13, 2011

PORK CHOP SANDWICHES


Herro, I'm Anna.

Pork chops... are not something I really grew up with. It wasn't until Max and I moved in together that I really even had them. And I realized they are really tasty when you let them sit in something, well, tasty, and super easy to cook in the toaster oven, which is always a plus, or easy to cook and sear on the stove and are actually pretty versatile.

I was trying to put something together for The National show at the bowl this past weekend and recalled the glorious GI Joe PSA's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8  (not really safe for work)

The first time I saw that I remember thinking... ew... why would someone put pork chops in a sandwich? Poor naive me, anything can/should go in a sandwich. While pork chop sandwiches aren't normally something to write home about (or write in a food blog about)... I think these were. 

I had some chops marinating in the Goya brand mojo criollo marinade for awhile, which almost tastes like a really citrus-ey jerk marinade (so good, you can get after it at super king) and cooked those in the toaster oven at 350 for 25 min then broiled for 5 min, slathered some ciabatta bread with sriracha mayo and grain mustard, and layered the sliced pork chops, gruyere cheese, spring mix, and red onions.

Ingredients:
Pork Chops and Marinade (any sort of marinade you want, just soy sauce, garlic and sriracha is always good)
Red Onions
Spring Mix
Ciabatta (trader joes par-baked is always good, or any bread would do)
Cheese (the gruyere was awesome)
Mustard (again, I used whole grain mustard)
Sriracha Mayo (recipe below)

Put Mayo and Mustard on sandwich, then layer with whatever ingredients... I mean... you're making a sandwich, you get it. If I wasn't transporting this I would have put some pickles and tomatoes on it too, but as is it transported really well, i.e. they weren't soggy later.


3 TBSP Mayo
1 1/2 TBSP Sriracha (or more if you like it really spicy)
1 TBSP lemon juice (I'm not a huge mayo fan and upping the lemon juice gives it a nice brightness)
dash of soy sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment